Hendon Way Motors and the Porsche 997 made between 2005 - 2012
The most commercially successful Porsche 911 sold to date with over 100,000 cars sold in it's first generation - the model's styling changes for both exterior and interior represented a strong evolution over it's predecessor the 996. Critically acclaimed even by well known 911 detractor - Jeremy Clarkson - who stated that the 997 will "make love to your fingertips and stir your soul."
- Quality and engineering "feel" much improved over it's predecessor
- Arguably a bit more adjustable and fun than later models - the driver still makes a difference in this model range
- Noticeably faster and more fuel efficient than earlier models
- Does not feel as big as the latest 991 on a narrow road....
- 997 GT3 RS 4.0 - perhaps high water mark for a dual purpose road and trackcar - although maybe too valuable for that today?!
- 997 Turbo S - silly fast - 0-60 mph in 3.2 seconds anyone?! But very straightforward to drive
Halfway through the models lifespan in 2009 a number of changes were made to the cars encompassing styling, direct injection on the engines and a new PDK dual clutch transmission. These cars are commonly known as Gen 11 models and were a little faster, lighter and more fuel efficient than Gen 1 models.
For the performance minded the Gen 11 Turbo S was now capable of reaching 0-60 mph in 3.2 seconds and reaching a top speed of 196 mph. The GT3, GT3 RS and specifically the legendary limited edition 997 GT3 RS 4.0 model probably represents a high water water mark in pursuit of a dual purpose road and trackday car. We have a 997 GT3 RS 4.0 in stock and can confirm that it is a fabulous car to drive!
The following model derivatives were available:
Carrera, Carrera 4, Targa 4
Carrera S, Carrera 4S, Targa 4S
GT3 RS, GT3 Cup
GT3 RS 4.0
Turbo, Turbo Cabriolet
Turbo S, Turbo S Cabriolet
Sport Classic, Speedster, Carrera GTS
Power = 321 bhp to 523 bhp
Base Carrera model = 242 bhp/ton & 177 mph
Click here for the Wikipedia page on the Porsche 997 for specs and further details